Saturday, May 28, 2011

Package of Goodness

I ordered goodies from a new-to-me company, Nuts Online,  last week.  At first glance, this website looks like a roasted nuts and candy warehouse.  I had been googling bulk raw macadamia nuts, and Nuts Online popped up as an option. I started to dig around and found wonderful prices on several raw food items.  I ordered a few standard (like maca and buckwheat groats), and then went a bit wild.




The Nuts Online company seemed fun and friendly, and the order came crazy fast.  The macadamia nuts were so fresh and delicious; nothing like the dry, bland nubs that hang out in the bulk food bins.  (They were $13.99/lb, or $15.99/lb for organic, which is way cheaper than anywhere in Alaska.) 

This was my first time trying jungle peanuts, which many raw foodies rave about.  I love almond butter, but it just doesn't taste the same as PB when combined with chocolate.   These little gems taste much like peanuts, so I'm envisioning a mock Reese's pie in the future.  


However, the star of the box was the Turkish figs.  They are out of control.  Even TH will happily eat them for dessert.  I am trying to limit myself to two a day so that they last a while.  


I was so pleased with this order and I know I will use this company again in the future.  Next time I will note the shipping charge so I can report back on that.

I am in Seattle visiting friends (school is out- yahoo!), so will try to check in with all my favorite blogs when I can.  Have a great Memorial Day weekend!  

Question:  What are your plans for the long weekend?  

7 comments:

  1. Enjoy Seattle! I hope there's enough sun for you here.

    I love turkish figs too. And wild jungle peanuts are fun. Not exactly the same as roasted but closer than almond butter for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Memorial Day! Enjoy Seattle.
    I've ordered from Nuts Online a couple times and agree--unbelievably fast delivery, good prices; the shipping is reasonable too, as shipping to AK goes.

    Those figs look awesome. I'm not such a fan of peanuts myself, but everyone else is around me, and I do know that they chocolate up great.
    love
    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  3. @bitt
    Hey Bitt! Seattle was great, but I have to admit that it was about 20 degrees warmer in AK while I was away. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ela
    I really liked Nuts Online as well, Ela. Everything was really fresh tasting, and the package arrived amazingly fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use nuts online==they are great!
    Figs, love them.
    You are so lucky school is out. I still have 3 more weeks of work to get through with the kids here at home.
    Peace and Raw Health,
    E

    ReplyDelete