Monday, April 25, 2011

Kale and Zucchini

Hope you all had a lovely Easter!

My super busy weekend called for lots of easily scarfable snacks, as I'd rather wear a diaper than go hungy.  I knew I'd be working long hours without much time for eating, so earlier in the week I'd made a bunch of easily portable munchies.

I had a plethora of Sexy Crazy Diet's mustard dressing, which now translates into kale chips.  (FYI: the dressing was a little salty the first time I made it, so I've decreased the salt quite a bit.)


scarfable indeed

Viv also whipped up RAWvolution's zucchini hummus, for veggie dipping and collard wraps. 

nut-free raw hummus! 



By Sunday evening I was ready to sit on my heinie and savor dessert while catching up on all of your awesome blogs.   (Maca "cupcakes" with strawberry frosting.  I will share the recipe tomorrow.) 


Question:  Do you have a favorite cookbook? 

5 comments:

  1. great-looking treats! my favorite cookbooks are delightfully raw, sweet gratitude, and the internet.=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--sounds like you were super-busy. Maca cupcakes sound super: looking forward to the recipe.

    I don't have a favorite cookbook, but I have a fluctuating ambition to write it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @kelli

    Kelli, I am right there with you! I have tried just about every recipe in Delightfully Raw and haven't found a dud yet. The pictures in Sweet Gratitude send me into a tizzy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ela

    I can't wait until you write your cookbook, Ela! I would love to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, kale chips. I learned three new recipes when I was going through my raw chef certification a few weeks ago. Once I make them I'll post.
    Peace and Raw Health,
    E

    ReplyDelete