Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Seriously?

Last night I put a giant, chopped up head of cauliflower in the D, with the inspiration to make cauli popcorn from this recipe.  This is what came out this morning:




It's hard to tell proportions in a picture, but let me explain that there are cauliflower crumbs left.  I understand the D shrinkage factor, but this is craziness.  Aside form the fact that there wasn't much to taste, I enjoyed the recipe.  However, I think I will use less coconut oil next time.  I'm just wondering if all the cauliflower vitamins were still on that D tray, or if they dehydrated away. 

Over the weekend I made a nacho feast, and I've been snacking on raw Mexican treats all week.  I made corn chips (using the taco shell recipe) and spicy beans from Raw Food Real World.  The corn chips and I are old traveling buddies, but the beans and I were meeting for the first time. We quickly became best friends.  They are truly delicious, and actually taste a lot like refried beans.  (Even though I ran out of sunflower seeds and had to use raw tahini as a substitute.)  With fresh guacamole and Kristen Suzanne's Cheezy Hemp Nacho Sauce, these nachos were absolutely outstanding. 



Question:  Can anyone else eat a bowl of guacamole with a spoon?  
    

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment