Monday, February 7, 2011

Tomato Sauce Three Ways

I've been trying out some more complicated recipes lately, but eating raw can be so easy.  I usually make  a sauce, a dressing, and a dip over the weekend.  Throughout the week I just add veggies or raw crackers and I'm good to go.  One sauce that I adore is Carmella's tomato sauce from Delightfully Raw.  I make a double batch at a time and then use it to make veggie pasta, raw pizza, and cracker bites.  It's also really good as a dip for veggies.




Cacao was also kicking it in the D this weekend.  I made Matthew Kenney's chocolate chip cookies, which were quite easy (once the chips are done).  



Warning #1:  These taste nothing like your mom's Tollhouse cookies.  
Warning #2:  It is hard to stop eating these fudgey brown goo piles straight out of the D. 
Warning #3:  Unless you have extra normal sticky-batter spreading skills, they won't look as pretty as Matthew Kenney's.  In fact, they bear a striking resemblance to a prank you can order from the back of a comic book.  

Question:  Do you plan and prepare workweek eats over the weekend, or wing it?  



5 comments:

  1. I just wing my eats but gosh all your planning over the weekend is putting me to shame. And the prettiness of it. Man I am hungry already. I love the little cracker bites. I am thinking I need to plan a visit to your place next year when I hit up New York and OKC (I put it on my vision board to make a big trip to the states next year).

    The cookies, hmmm, when we made them in school we used our hands to form them perfectly like this http://girlonraw.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/DSCF31971.jpg but they do look less sticky than yours.

    I bought that Delightfully Raw book after you raved about it for too long and MY the food looks incredible in there so I am glad you say it tastes even better. I have better pull my finger out and start making some of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, your cookies look so much better! I never thought to use my fingers- the batter was soooo sticky.

    Yes, you should come to Alaska! And then I'll come to Saudi. :)

    I hope you try something from Delightfully Raw. I'm so curious to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy, all of it. With sticky stuff like that, I usually form with my hands with a bowl of water close by, keep my fingers wet.

    I love those tomato-ey sauces but don't seem to make them very often. Am on a salad and roasted veggies kick right now, and smoothies, of course...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay--your comment form is working again!

    Just saw your comment on my blog: so glad you signed up for the 'debate': I'm looking forward to discussing it with other interested parties...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ela

    Thank you so much for the Great Health Debate tip. I've only had time to listen to Jonny Bowden, but hope to listen to another this evening.

    ReplyDelete