Monday, March 7, 2011

Seven Things...

Well, I'm a newbie to this whole blogging business, and was so surprised when Kelli from Animal-Friendly Eating nominated me for a "One Lovely Blog" Award.  Thank you Kelli!  I think YOU have one lovely blog.



Here are the guidelines to follow: 


  • Thank and link the blogger who has given you the award. (Check.)

  • Copy and paste the Logo in your blog. (Check.)

  • Share 7 things about yourself.  (Hmmmm...)

  • Nominate 15 other Great Bloggers  (Will do.)

  • Comment and let them know of the award  (Will do.)




  • So....seven things....


    1.  I only wash my hair twice a week. On the other days I use baby powder (my friend Kelci gave me this tip) to get rid of any shiny spots.


    2.  I kept diaries all through childhood.  I shudder to think of those paper mountains of hormone ridden teen angst getting into the wrong hands.  I'm not sure where they are right now, but I think my mom has some idea, as she quoted a particularly embarrassing line about an old 7th grade flame at our last Thanksgiving get together.


    3.  I have high hopes of inventing something fantastic before I turn 40.  An idea I'm working on:  flip-flops that are incognito metal detectors.  (And by "working on" I mean telling people, hoping they will offer to pay me for the idea.)


    4.  I'm 36.


    5.  I'm a hardcore people watcher.  I hope those slowpoke scientists hurry up with the Harry Potter invisibility cloak so I can indulge without getting busted.  


    6.  As much as I love kids, I'm not going to have any.


    7.  I starting blogging partially because I enjoy talking to myself.  


    I would like to pass this award on to:




    (not sure if the above site is still active)


    Okay, I've listed the blogs I read with regularity that haven't been nominated yet.  Please let me know about your blog, or any other great ones, so I can check them out and add to my reading list.  

    Question:  What awesome blogs do you read that I need to know about?  

    3 comments:

    1. Wow, thanks for sharing--both the information and the award. It's fun to hear some more about you, some glimpses into your personality.

      I'll run with it today and let you know when I do.
      love
      Ela

      ReplyDelete
    2. Congrats on your award!!!
      Isn't this so cool. I look forward to posting about my nomination too--our oldest was very ill today so it will have to wait a bit.
      Peace and Raw Health,
      E

      ReplyDelete
    3. Ela and Elizabeth: I look forward to reading your seven things!

      Good luck with your sick kiddo, Elizabeth.

      ReplyDelete