Sunday, December 12, 2010

Crispy Sunchokes

After a lunch of veggies dipped in hemp dressing (Delightfully Raw),

I was ready to try a moonie pie from Sweetly Raw.  TH's friends had devoured them last night, but I'd been too full (from licking the blender/food processor blades) to eat one myself.  Wowsers.  These things are awesome.  I didn't have cacao butter so I substituted a chocolate coating made of:

1 cup melted coconut oil
1 cup cacao powder
1/3 cup maple syrup (or to taste)
splash of vanilla

The chocolate coating worked great, hardening instantly when the cold moonies were immersed in it.


I'm not gonna lie, these suckers were time consuming to make.  However, they taste incredible and the recipe makes a huge batch.  

I couldn't find an intriguing recipe for raw sunchokes, so I tossed them with olive oil, garlic, salt and a little cayenne and then roasted them with Brussels at 400 degrees until the edges were caramelized and crispy.  Now, I can imagine that even toe jam would taste good roasted in olive oil and salt, but these puppies were sure tasty.  My sunchokes, a nice Malbec and another moonie pie and I blissfully chased away the Sunday night blues. 

Brussels and Sunchokes 





0 comments:

Post a Comment