Saturday, December 4, 2010

Raw Honey Time

When I opened up our Full Circle Farm boxes today I was pleased to remember that I had ordered this raw honey along with my weekly produce:


After a little spoon licking I knew I needed to put it to good use. First, I tried it out in my mid-morning power pudding. 


1/8 cup chia seeds
6/8 cup water
sweetener to taste (I used a teaspoon of honey)
gogi berries
pomegranate seeds

Chia seeds, according to Dr. Weil at www.drweil.com, are higher in omega-3 fatty acids than flaxseeds. They are also full of antioxidants and other goodies like fiber and calcium.  I love them because of the fun goo that develops with soaking.   

Mexi Mountains for lunch (guac on raw crackers, a little salsa and hot sauce drizzled on top):


I had the counter rocking with my wimpy food processor as I put together a cheesecake crust (almonds, dates, vanilla and salt) and then tried my raw honey and new sunflower lecithin in a cheesecake filling recipe from Delightfully Raw.  It had an amazing texture and a rich, decadent flavor.  


Can't wait to have one of these lovelies for dessert: 


"cheese"cake tart with blackberry sauce



2 comments:

  1. 1. Don't you just love it when a package arrives and you cannot remember all the contents? It's like opening presents at Christmas!
    2. Those Mexi Mountains....um hell yeah!
    3. I've been thinking of making a raw cheesecake of late. Let me now how much you like this one!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right-sometimes it's fun to be forgetful! :)

    TH said the raw cheesecake was his favorite dessert ever, but he didn't think the filling tasted that much like cheesecake, more like frosting. I think I've forgotten what real cheesecake tastes like, so it was a good substitute for me! The filling truly had a wonderful, creamy texture.

    ReplyDelete