Sunday, November 14, 2010

Double Danger

Today temps above 32 degrees and freezing rain created a dangerous situation on our roof.

Every time I went outside I was at risk of an avalanche falling on my head.  All day long huge piles of ice/snow slid off the roof and landed with a boom on the porch.  It made me jump every time. 

Then, we had an earthquake!  It felt like a pretty good one- I watched the ceiling fan and the hanging light fixtures shake as the floor rumbled under my feet.  I was just trying to figure out what to do when it stopped.  


Since I started eating a lot of raw food I've made a quickie version of almond milk by blending raw almond butter with water and a little raw honey, sea salt and vanilla.  Today I decided to start my milk with soaked almonds.  Nightmare!  I don't know if it was the fact that I tried to strain the milk after adding the honey, salt and vanilla (probably), but it was messy and time consuming.  It took about four hours just to strain it once- no way I was considering doing it twice like some raw food ninjas do.  

Peekabo, Vivian!  

Lunch:  

Alaska grown carrots and broccoli with spicy tomato dip.


These figs from Full Circle Farm were out of control!
Post P90X Kenpo workout snack:  

Buckwheat crispies (Raw Food Real World) and Drama almond milk

Dinner:

If I am reincarnated as a veggie, I hope it's cabbage!  

As a salad topping I tried out a delectable hemp dressing from Sunny Raw Kitchen's newest recipe book.  Yummm!



Dessert:


These turned out soooooo good.  First I blended equal parts raw cacao, melted coconut butter and agave, with a dash of vanilla. For the filling I mixed a lump of raw almond butter with a little agave and sea salt.  Ecstasy.    



0 comments:

Post a Comment