Thursday, November 18, 2010


One of the many perks of eating mostly raw food is the beauty factor.  TH and I were watching "The Next Iron Chef" the other night and there was a preview for an outrageous meat show.  The food looked so unappetizing!  Pile after giant pile of dull, droopy, listless, messiness.  It's said that you feast with your eyes first, which is why I spend time ogling veggies and fruits.
I love chard's hot pink hue.





Look at that pepper!  I couldn't bear to cut it up.



On a side note, I miss taking pictures in natural light.  We go to work in the dark, and come home in the dark.  The sun is rising around 9:30 a.m. and setting around 4:00 p.m.  We are losing more than five minutes of daylight a day!  

I experimented with zucchini again this evening.  I decided to try and make a raw zucchini/coconut cookie.  Here are the cookies, pre dehydrator, looking like splooges of  day old oatmeal.  (I guess I could have prettied them up a bit.)  The batter was mighty tasty, so we'll see what a night in the D produces.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment