Monday, November 8, 2010

P90X Thoughts

Today I started my second week of P90X.  I'm doing the "Lean" program, mostly because I don't have a pull-up bar, and the Lean is less pull-up heavy.  Here's what I like:


  • Core- good stuff; I even work up a little sweat pumping out all those push-ups.
  • Yoga- delicious, long, hard poses.  So good.
  • Kenpo- doesn't seem that cardio rich, but I could feel my core working in a different way when I  concentrated.  Plus, you get to yell like a real martial arts pro. 
  • Legs and Back- my booty was sore for days afterward.  
  • Stretch- hour long stretch?  Yes, please!   Booty stretching heaven. 
  • Tony Horton- his upbeat super-dweebiness is entertaining.
  • Drea's abs- are you kidding me???
What I'm not in love with, YET: 
  • Cardio- not hard at all!  I think I will substitute the Plyo (which I like, but not as much as Jillian's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism).
  • Shoulders and Arms- maybe I need heavier weights, maybe I need to forget the idea that I need to sweat during every work out. 
Overall, I think I love it and kind of look forward to working out each day.  It's fun to try something new. 

Some of today's eats: 

 Vivian full of kale, pears, apples, grapes.  All that green stuff is kale!

green smoothie loveliness

Gorgeous Full Circle Farm sweet potatoes, tossed with EVO, garlic, cayenne, sea salt and sent to the oven for TH's fries.

Salmon (courtesy of fisherman TH) marinated in nama shoyu, garlic and maple syrup.  This was so rich, moist, insanely good that I felt no need for dessert.  


My serving bowl salad with banana dressing.  I might be a fan of the banana/cumin combo after all. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment