Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Zucchini + Cacao = !!!

Even though we are deep into winter up here in Alaska, my smoothies are still tasting like fall.  I miss the stone fruits and berries of summer, but pears, apples and oranges blended with chard taste pretty good as well.


TH named these little cuties "Hippie Bites".  Sunflower spread nestled between veggies.  I think they would make nice Christmas party appetizers. 


I have bucco zucchini and I've been trying to use it creatively.  Tonight I decided to add it to standard raw avocado chocolate mousse.  The result was delicious!

For the crust, mix the following (until crumbly and sticky) in a food processor:
1 cup pecans 
5 pitted dates
pinch sea salt 

I mixed a little more after snapping this pic. 
For the mousse, blend the following until smooth and creamy:
2 avocados
1 largish zucchini, peeled
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons raw cacao
1/2 cup agave or maple syrup
1/4 cup melted coconut butter
dash vanilla
pinch sea salt

Navitas cacao, my fave.  
Bonus Yumminess!  Put a little water in the blender after scooping out the goods.  Blend the water on high for quite a while.  Your blender will clean itself and make you "hot chocolate"!  


I added a little coconut whipped cream, then TH and I made quick work of a tart a piece.

0 comments:

Post a Comment