Sunday, November 21, 2010

Today was a crisp, lovely day.  

Isn't this immature cabbage head pretty?  I was too lazy to clean it out of my planter when the snow came and it's now frozen solid.  


Speaking of frozen, we took a stroll on a series of lakes near our house to judge the ice for skiing potential.  Not quite ready yet, but soon.  Yippee!  I have new skate skis to break in.  

Our friends from Wasilla are on their way over.  They own a fantabulous wine bar in Wasilla (The Grape Tap) and I'm excited because they always bring yummy wine for us to sample.  

I made a crockpot Thai red curry and also some appies to go with wine:
served with raw onion crackers and veggies 

Nacho Cheeze from Kristen's Raw (highly addictive)
Avocado and Zucchini Dip (gorgeously chartreuse) from Gone Raw
Sun-dried Tomato Dip:
  • large handful sun-dried tomatoes
  • large handful cashews (soaked are better) 
  • hearty dash olive oil 
  • 1 tsp + oregano
  • 1 tsp + basil
  • onion and garlic powder to taste
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 red pepper
  • blend on low 
veggie kabobs


kale chips, of course

Chocolate caramel tarts (see yesterday's post) for dessert.  My review:  the bottom brownie layer and the 
ganache on top are phenomenal.  I'm not sold on middle caramel layer yet, as I'm not a huge fan of mesquite in desserts. However, it may grow on me, as Kombucha and P90X have. 
Stretch day for P90X- heck yeah!!  I think I'm addicted.  I'm already worried about how I'm going to get my fix when our families are in town next week.  

Question:  does anyone else need armpit diapers during Yoga X?  



2 comments: